MOEA, Taipower Submit Blackout Report 303停電報告今送交政院 蘇揆稱必處置

The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Taiwan Power submitted their reports on the Mar. 3 blackout to the Executive Yuan. Premier Sui Tseng-chang says he'd be out of his office the entire day and would handle the situation that night.


Close to 5.5 million households were affected by the nationwide blackout on March 3. The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Taiwan Power submitted their respective blackout reports to the Executive Yuan on the 7th.

Su Tseng-chang, ROC Premier: “The Ministry of Economic Affairs should turn in its report today. I'll be out of my office all day, so I'll handle it tonight.”

Just last week, President Tsai Ing-wen promised Taiwan's eight major industrial groups that Taiwan can maintain a stable power supply. The national blackout on the 3rd, which lasted over 12 hours, was deeply worrying for the industrial sector. The Chinese National Federation of Industries hopes the government can take a serious, honest look at Taiwan's energy crisis.

Tsai Lien-sheng, Chinese National Federation of Industries Secretary-General: “The demand for energy has gone up with overseas businesspersons returning to Taiwan. However, Taiwan has not been able to meet that demand. We are very worried about this. How can we diversify our energy sources and supplies? Only with the development of nuclear energy, including hydrogen energy, can this crisis be resolved.”

The Kuomintang, meanwhile, is calling on the Tsai administration to take responsibility for its faulty energy policy. It also says offering small discounts on consumers' next electricity bill and changing the top executives at Taipower are not solutions or taking political responsibility.

Tseng Ming-chung, KMT Caucus Whip: “Blackouts are becoming more and more widespread and more and more frequent. This was not an isolated incident. The power outage on Mar. 3 was a national power outage. Preliminary estimates put losses at over NT$10 billion. The KMT again calls on Taiwan Power to provide compensation in full.”

The KMT is asking what kind of state Taiwan and its economy are in if a malfunction at one power plant in the south can trigger a national blackout. It is calling on the Tsai administration to prioritize electricity storage and improve the power grid.

 

 

 

 

高雄興達電廠3日因人為疏失造成全台大停電,影響549萬戶,經濟部及台電的相關檢討報告預計於7日提出送交行政院。

行政院長蘇貞昌表示:「今天經濟部應該會交出報告,我整天都在外面,但我一定會連夜把它處置。」

事實上八大工商團體才在上星期與總統蔡英文會面提出產業建言,當時總統保證台灣可以維持穩定供電,沒想到卻在3月3日出現停電長達數十小時,讓產業界對於未來供電穩定相當擔憂,全國工業總會將在6個月內向政府提出能源政策建言書,希望政府嚴肅且誠實面對國內能源政策的問題。

工總秘書長蔡練生說:「大量台商回流就增加了我們對能源的需求,但能源供應方面基本上還是趕不上,這是我們憂心的,怎麼樣讓我們的能源供應能夠多元化,不只是核電,包括氫能源的發展,這樣的話才能夠化解我們的危機。」

而國民黨立院黨團上午也召開記者會,要求蔡政府承認能源政策錯誤,電費打折不是補償應提出可行解決方案,並追究303大停電政治責任。

國民黨立院黨團總召曾銘宗提到:「停電的規模越來越大,頻率越來越高,顯示這不是個別的事件,3月3日全國性的跳電初估損失超過100億,這個部分國民黨團重申台電必須全額補償。」

國民黨立院黨團認為,一個南部電廠故障就會讓全國停電,令人不知所措,這會影響到台灣的經濟,不是換一個台電董事長,還是總經理就可以解決一切,呼籲政府,先把儲電設備和電網處理好。

全台敬老金大調查