GAS EXPLOSION IN TAICHUNG RESTAURANT KILLS ONE AND WOUNDS 15|台中逢甲商圈餐廳氣爆大火 釀1死15傷

A fire started after a gas explosion at a restaurant at around 12 midday in Taichung's Feng Chia commercial district. The whole shop exploded and one woman died at the site, 15 were slightly injured and 6 were heavily injured. The Fire Department said the explosion was due to a gas leak. Shops on either side of the restaurant also caught fire. The fire in the Xin Zhai Qiao restaurant in Xi An Street resulted from an explosion which then spread to neighbouring shops. The glass front of the shop exploded, causing injuries and shocking people eating in other restaurants across the road. Above the restaurant were small rental studio rooms, and fire personnel worked to evacuate these just after they arrived. Fifteen people were brought out safely. Four people were more severely injured with burn areas of 80 to 90 percent. After checking the rental rooms, the body of a woman was found. A passing scooter rider who had just dismounted was also injured in the explosion. ==MR. HSIEH injured passerby== I just got off my scooter and was about to move it and the place exploded, I just ran, I smelt gas and when I ran my whole body was injured. The explosion from the original gas leak then led to a secondary explosion when the high temperatures caused other gas bottles in the restaurant to explode. ==HSIAO HUAN-CHANG Director of Taichung Fire Department== The gas leaked substantially and it was in an enclosed area. Then with movement of the air, it started another explosion, resulting in all of the gas bottles exploding. The risk of bottled gas is that gas is heavier than air and sinks (it doesn't disperse) and so it is more dangerous. The Fire Department investigation revealed that the restaurant had placed three gas bottles inside. They suspect that one started leaking and exploded and this caused the others to explode. One of these was propelled right into the basement but luckily didn't explode. Of the 15 injured, three were staff, and six were students from Feng Chia University. The body recovered was that of a 19-year-old female. All restaurants in the area use bottled gas, so the fire department will step up safety checks of gas bottles and premises in the area. TRANSLATED BY:CLARE LEAR 台中逢甲商圈、心齋橋餐廳,中午十二點多,發生瓦斯氣爆,整間店被炸開,火勢也波及6間店面,造成1名女性死亡、15人輕重傷;傷患中有6人,是逢甲大學學生,台中市消防局指出,氣爆原因可能是瓦斯外洩、造成鋼瓶炸裂。 熊熊火勢迅速延燒,濃煙直衝天際,台中市西安街逢甲商圈,12點22分,正當中午用餐時間,突然發生氣爆。 火勢迅速延燒,左右緊鄰的店面也陷入火海,對面的韓式料理店,客人用餐到一半,被氣爆的威力嚇到離開座位,早餐店氣爆的威力更是把玻璃震破,店員趕緊疏散客人。 ==早餐店員== 就整個碰一聲啊 我趕快出來看就整個大火 叫客人趕快先撤掉 這時火場內傳出還有人受困樓上分租套房,幸好及時被救出。 警消到場後,陸續救出15人,包含一度受困火場樓上分租套房的民眾,有4位民眾嚴重燒燙傷,面積達80%-90%不等,火場二樓的分租套房,事後清查火場時,發現一名女性大體陳屍浴室,而這位開車路過的謝先生,剛好下車挪開擋道的摩托車,也無辜被波及。 ==受傷車主 謝先生== 我人下來要去移機車的時候 就爆炸了 趕快跑 我有聞到好像有瓦斯味這樣子 我跑出來的時候 我全身都是傷 氣爆的第一現場是在西安街上的心齋橋餐廳,瓦斯外洩後氣爆引燃火勢,在高溫下一樓的瓦斯鋼瓶又爆開,造成第二次爆炸。 ==台中市消防局長 蕭煥章== 瓦斯外洩 洩得很多 然後有密閉 有點通風不是很好的狀況 又有造成起火起爆的火源 造成這個結果 所以桶裝瓦斯它的危險性 是氣體是往下沉 它危險性是比較高 根據台中市消防局調查,這次氣爆的心齋橋餐廳,屋內放了3桶瓦斯,疑似是其中一桶瓦斯外洩爆炸,還有一桶還被炸到地下室,幸好沒有引爆。15位傷者中有3人是員工,6名是逢甲大學學生,死者身分經查證是19歲的陳姓女子,由於逢甲商圈餐飲店家使用桶裝瓦斯情形普遍,這場嚴重的氣爆意外,消防單位未來也會加強店家使用桶裝瓦斯的安全檢查。 黃千容 賴世杰 台中報導

相關新聞