No Order for Arrest Issued for Missing Soldier Yet 迄未通緝金門士兵? 蔡清祥:以最速處理

A soldier stationed on Kinmen previously went missing and is currently in China. Justice Minister Tsai Ching-hsiang said the matter is being handled as quickly as possible.


A soldier surnamed Chen and stationed on Kinmen's Erdan Island previously went missing and is currently in China. Family members may head to China as early as March 20 to visit him. This situation meets the requirements for the issuance of an order for arrest, and the Military Police has already handed over related information to the Kinmen Prosecutors Office. However, the latter has not taken any action and has not issued the order for arrest. Justice Minister Tsai Ching-hsiang denied on March 17 that this inaction is the result of not wanting to provoke Chen.

Tsai Ching-hsiang, Justice Minister: “Prosecutors need to follow procedures in handling cases and handling any type of criminal case. They need to seek proof. (Some people are saying they're afraid of provocation.) There are no other misgivings, and they're following procedures. (Will it be issued today at the earliest and latest?) It will definitely be fast.”

Chiu Tai-san, Mainland Affairs Minister: “Judicial units will handle the follow-up arrangements. (Right now, to your knowledge, is China using the soldier boy to wage cognitive warfare?) I can't answer your question.”

A Chinese account claimed that Chen was given a house in Xiamen. National Defense Minister Chiu Kuo-cheng said the intuitive reaction is that this is cognitive warfare, while DPP Legislator Chao Tien-lin called China naive for using Chen.

Chiu Kuo-cheng, National Defense Minister: “The intuitive reaction is that it's a cognitive warfare battle. What's the purpose of cognitive warfare? It's to mess with people's minds. They're saying he got a house over there. I want everyone to think about if that's even possible.”

Chao Tien-lin, Legislator (DPP): “He's a person who is suspected of crimes, and they're using him as their poster boy domestically and abroad. Don't you think this is very naïve?”

Many consider Chen's disappearance to be a national security crisis. The military has also seen several discipline-related incidents as of late. Chiu has issued several apologies, and has been described as the "apologizing minister."

Chiu Kuo-cheng, National Defense Minister: “Isn't it a lack of basic respect to talk about this apologizing minister?”

The 99th Marine Brigade previously reported two missing T91 assault rifle actions, which made Chiu furious. He said heads will roll. Since then, the Navy has found the missing actions inside the base. Chiu ordered the Navy to conduct a review and assign responsibility.

 

 

金門二膽島陳姓上兵失聯案,引起國人關注,家屬預計最快20日前往中國探視。由於陳姓上兵符合發布通緝令條件,憲兵隊已將資料送交金門地檢署,但檢調仍沒有進一步動作,尚未發布通緝。是否怕刺激到陳姓上兵?法務部長蔡清祥17日否認此事。

法務部長蔡清祥回應:「檢察官他在辦案,在處理任何的刑事案件,都有程序要走,都要求證。沒有任何其他顧慮,而是照一般程序在走。」

針對中國微博網紅宣稱陳姓上兵在廈門獲贈房屋,國防部長邱國正表示,直覺反應就是認知作戰。民進黨立委趙天麟則批評,陳姓上兵有債務問題,中共卻用形象爭議的他進行大外宣,企圖操作統戰,非常幼稚。

國防部長邱國正表示:「直覺反應就是一個認知作戰一環,認知作戰用意在哪裡,擾亂大家一個心緒,講說什麼他在那邊配房子,這各位自己去思考看看,可能不可能。」

民進黨立委趙天麟認為:「有犯罪嫌疑的人,然後來把他進行做一個大外宣、大內宣,不覺得這很小兒科嗎?」

外界將陳姓上兵失聯案視為國安危機,加上國軍軍紀案件頻傳,邱國正近日對外多次致歉,被形容是「道歉部長」,邱國正表達不滿。

國防部長邱國正回應:「變一個道歉部長,覺得講這種話有點缺德。」

陸戰99旅爆出槍機遺失,邱國正為此震怒,表示會讓對方掉腦袋後,海軍就在營內發現遺失2個T91步槍槍機。對此,邱國正下令海軍檢討和究責,案子一定會追到底。

專題|土耳其百年震殤 「鬆餅式坍塌」為何釀禍?